FO::Crochet Pineapple Tee

Image

My first EVER crochet garment.

I am so proud of myself, you have no idea. :D It was kind of my goal this year to complete a crochet garment, and it’s only March! 

Yarn: From Newton’s Yarn Country Parking Lot Sale (It was about $2 for this yarn on the cone)

Hook: C (2.75mm)

Pattern: Completely my own! I saw the stitch pattern from a stitch dictionary book and made it. 

This took me about 2 months because I got bored after I completed the back. Hehe. It’s been a really warm winter, even by California’s standard, and we literally had only 2 weeks of winter. I was hoping to knit more cozy warm sweaters but in warm weather, crochet stuff looks cute too. 

My next goal? Crochet long skirt! I saw one at the mall and it was on sale for $120. Crochet stuff is BACK in trend!

 

Image

FO:: Rosebud Socks by Wendy Johnson

 

Pattern: Rosebud Socks by Wendy D. Johnson (Toe-Up Socks for Everybody)

Needles: US 0 Addi Circs.

Yarn: KnitPicks Stroll in “Twinkle Heather” –> I believe this one is discontinued.

Rav Project Page for this Project: Click here!

 

These were supposed to be my February socks. I finished the first sock within 2~3 days. And then worked up to half of the second sock the next day. Then I took up some sample knitting projects, this project got lost in the WIP bin.

Finally, I fished it out of the WIP bin few months ago, and finally finished the lace charts. It got really boring at one point! So sick of following charts now and need some good ol’ Stockinette knitting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 out of 14 done!

Lingonberry Shawl

I can’t believe this is already the 4th FO in my UFO/WIP pile.

Pattern:  Lingonberry Shawl (Rav Link)
Yarn: Giovanna Imperia Yarns 5 strands “River” and 1 strand “Cocco” held together.
Needle: US Size 3

This was a sample knitting commissioned by Giovanna Imperia Yarns (website). Per request by the company, I chose few free patterns of shawlettes.

First two shawls were done within few weeks. This one however, took MONTHS.

From knitting the second shawl which uses the same line of yarn, but less strands held together and in a different color, I knew that I would have easier time if I held more strands together. The yarn on the cone as is is thinner than cobweb, and kind of “sticky” because of mohair mixed in it. The yarn is very inelastic due to linen and silk. Multiple strands and a little bit of twist gave a bit of elasticity and allowed me to use bigger needles.

Shawl on a white couch

Linen/mohair/wool/silk blend yarn made a very lightweight but summer appropriate shawl. I loved the texture of the fabric after blocking. It was crisp but not rough. It was hairy but not itchy. And the pink. It was divine.

back

 

I don’t know if the yarn will be commercially available for knitters.. I’m not sure. I do know that the company goes to tradeshows like TNNA and Stitches. In fact, the first two shawls I made were for the Stitches West earlier this year (2011).

This one will also be at another trade show soon.

 

4th project done! I am now working on a summer tee that I designed, and Auburn Sweater. Updates soon!

FO: Diminishing Rib Cardigan

Diminishing Rib Cardigan

2 out of 14 down!

Diminishing Rib Cardigan

So, this sweater has a story:

Summer of 2009, I had just graduated from law school and was studying for the California bar exam. I took advice from many people and made sure I had certain part of my day dedicated to my hobby.

I worked on this sweater and finished for the first time on July 20, 2009. Bar exam was July 27~29 or something.

This is a top-down sweater, so I did the sleeves the last; I worked on the sleeves at-the-same-time 1~2 weeks before the exam. And…. I guess I was really stressed out and it messed up my tension.

When it was “finished” and I tried it on in the library restroom, the sleeves looked stiff and tight… Kind of reminded me of the Middle Ages armor.

Sigh.

I frogged the sleeves back to where I picked up.. put it aside until after the bar exam; and after the exam, I wanted to move onto a different project.

2 years have passed.

I found this hibernating project in a plastic bag when I moved into my husband’s house. I put it in the closet so I can work on it soon. That was summer LAST year.

Finally, I picked this up again because of this little challenge I’m doing. Those of you who’s not following my blog: I had 14 hibernating UFOs, I promised that I’ll finish 2 projects before casting on 1 new project.

Front curls a bit, I hope blocking will help

Yarn:  Berroco Comfort Worsted (Spruce; 4 balls)

Needles:   US #8 (5.0mm)

Pattern:   Diminishing Rib Cardigan from Interweave Knits Spring 2009.

In the past 7 days, I finished one adult men’s sweater, and this cardigan. Which means I get to cast on for a NEW project. I think it’ll be Juneberry Triangle. Or something quicker.

Anyways, this time  the sleeves fit perfectly, and I love how relatively light this sweater is.

When I knitted this, I was vegan and did not use any animal fiber. This is a top quality acrylic yarn, as far as acrylic yarn is concerned. The only cons would be the splittiness of the yarn.

I wish I could make this again with a silk-blend or at least bamboo blend, something I can block into shape better and something that is more drapey.